Here at Lightposts we’ve tried every Blueberry Muffin recipe we could find. They all left us underwhelmed. Some were too sweet, others too tart. Some muffins were too cakey, others too oily. Some didn’t have enough blueberries, and others…. Well, you get the idea.
So, we started with the basics and through trial and error, we discovered a recipe we all love. Whenever anyone here wants a tasty blueberry muffin, this is our go to recipe.
Since we have a few people here in the office that can’t have salt, we decided to leave it out of the recipe. It was unanimously decided – we don’t miss it – we don’t want it back. This recipe is ultra-tasty without it. Enjoy.
Lightposts Ultra-Tasty Blueberry Muffins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons sugar for muffin tops (put aside)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup milk
1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, and baking powder into a medium size mixing bowl. Put aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the oil, vanilla extract, and milk, and mix.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix. Don’t overmix.
5. Fold in blueberries.
6. Fill the muffin cups ¾ of the way. Sprinkle a little sugar on the top of each muffin.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the middle of one of the muffins. If it comes out dry, the muffins are done. If it comes out wet, continue baking. Check every 2 minutes until the toothpick comes out dry.